The Best Email Marketing Services
At a recent GHVA Group meeting, we asked our members, “What is your favourite email marketing service?” The #1 answer was MailChimp.
Why MailChimp is our Favourite Email Marketing Service
- It integrates well with other apps, such as Zapier, Realty Juggler, and many others.
- It’s easy to use.
- You can easily replicate a campaign to use as a starting point for another one.
- You can set up an RSS-to-email campaign allowing readers to receive your blog posts in their inbox. (That’s what we use here! The sign-up box is on your left.)
- It’s free for up to 2000 subscribers.
What We Don’t Love About MailChimp
- The process for delivering a free opt-in gift is awkward.
- You can’t easily customize your sign-up forms without using a third party plug-in.
What’s Even Better than MailChimp?
MailChimp is like the Hyundai Elantra of email marketing services. It’s popular because it’s a good product at an affordable price, but it’s not necessarily the best one available.
If MailChimp is the Hyundai, then Infusionsoft is the Cadillac. Starting at $199 per month, it’s definitely not for everyone. But for those who can afford it, it’s a robust platform that goes way beyond sending out email newsletters.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Personalized marketing communication based on email sends, opens, clicks, form submissions, and payment history
- Sales automation
- Online shopping cart
- Detailed analytics
- 3rd party add-ons for just about anything you can imagine
MailChimp and Infusionsoft were not the only two services that came up in our discussion! Members have also worked with Constant Contact, AWeber, iContact, Ontraport, Mad Mimi, Mailerlite, and 1ShoppingCart.
We didn’t discuss each service in detail, but here are the highlights:
- PRO: easy to embed a PDF in an email message
- CON: no double opt-in process, making it impossible to comply with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation
- PRO: you can send the same email to multiple lists at one time
- CON: cannot import a list from another service; subscribers must opt in again
Do you need help with your email marketing?
Visit our directory and use the Advanced Search feature to find a member with expertise in the email marketing service of your choice!
This post contains some affiliate links. The Golden Horseshoe Virtual Assistants Group and/or individual members may receive a commission when readers make a purchase after clicking on such links.